Note: THIS CONTEST RUNS UNTIL SUNDAY MAY 27. IT IS OPEN INTERNATIONALLY. PLEAAAZZZE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
OK folks, hello and welcome to the US cover reveal for STORMDANCER! While I’m tempted to rant about how awesome it is, that’s kinda the the author equivalent of buying a new suit and walking around with your hand constantly down your trousers – it doesn’t matter how sharp the threads are, you still look like a wanker. So instead, I’ll give you the details and get out of the way so you can see the damn cover already.
STORMDANCER’s cover is launching on ten sites today.
The mighty Tor are hosting the reveal, plus an article from myself and our stonkingly awesome illustrator Mr Jason Chan about how the cover got made. We talk about griffin wieners. It’s awesome. I think they’re also giving away STUFF.
PLUS, the following book blogs are also hosting the cover reveal:
Why should you visit those blogs when the cover is the same on every one? Two reasons:
First – EVERY ONE of the above book blogs is hosting an ARC giveaway. That’s NINE ARCs of Stormdancer up for grabs. Each site has details on how to enter their own giveaway.
Second – The STORMDANCER uber giveaway
Each of those nine blogs contains a quiz question. They’re pretty easy – you’ll find the answers in the Stormdancer synopsis. Follow these three steps:
- Get the nine answers
- Mail them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Win (hopefully)
Okay, so what do you win?
- A signed, annotated ARC of STORMDANCER. This ARC contains a bunch of little factoids and musings from me, scribbled in my near-illegible handwriting. Perfect for propping up wobbly tables, lighting fires in cold winter months, and squashing small, scuttling insectoid lifeforms.
- A signed print of Jason Chan’s 100% awesome cover illustration (just the artwork, no type to get in the way of the awesome). Hang it on the wall and bathe in the aura of badassery.
- A signed copy of THE LITTLE STORMDANCER. This was a picture book I did for my UK editor when she had her first baby. It’s like an MG version of Stormdancer, with far less death and sex. It also has a happy ending. People think it’s cute. You may too. There’s only, like, 20 in the entire world.
- A PDF of a short story I wrote in the Stormdancer world, called PRAYING FOR RAIN, which is going to be bonus content for the e-book version of the book. As it stands, only about ten people on the entire planet have read this thing so far. You’ll be one of the first people to read it, EVER.
- My undying love and affection. Truly, a gift worth more than a thousand ARCs…. No? Awwwww 😦
That’s it. Answer 9 questions, mail them to me at email@example.com, and you’re done.
If you’re laying eyes upon the cover has filled you with maddening enthusiasm and OMG YOU MUST HAVE BOOK NAOW, you can find the links to pre-order STORMDANCER on the About Stormdancer page. It’s on Goodreads here.
That’s it. Comments welcome below. Thanks for visiting!